Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On 8/14/2017 3:40 PM, Bob wrote:
The only phone-jack in my house is in a bedroom so is that where the base-unit (with answering machine) must be located?

Does the base-unit need a handset or can I buy a cordless handset to use in my kitchen and a cordless handset to use in my den?

There are many variations available. We have an ATT set with one base
and 4 portables.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Works well, the sound is clear and if off the charger it will last a
couple of days. If I needed to do it over, I'd get the same setup with
no hesitation.

Many of the others on the market are bit cheaper but the sound quality
is just not up to par.