Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Hammer drills - corded

On 8/14/17 1:47 PM, wrote:
http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/makita-hr2621 Rotary Hammer
Drill. Drills through concrete like butter. Good.

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/makita-hp2070f Hammer Drill.
Pathetic for drilling concrete compared to the rotary. Usually
cheaper than rotary so people start with this before they learn that
drilling concrete requires the rotary and SDS bits.

Rotary drills are a whole different animal that a hammer drill.
The mechanics are are much different and because of that the rotary
drill produce a LOT more force than a hammer drill. It's probably 10:1
in force applied to the bit.

So you're opinion is totally valid. You also get the added benefit of
being able to put percussion bits in the rotary to used as a jack
hammer, etc. Great tool.

But a hammer drill has it's place and given that it's also multi-tasker,
it's a valuable tool to have.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)