Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default USB Chargers

Ralph Mowery wrote on 8/10/2017 4:02 PM:
In article ,
says...

In my never humble opinion, Apple chargers are designed to survive
about 5-7 years under normal use, after which they mechanically fall
apart. There are no concessions to reparability or long life. At
best, they are nice looking, overpriced, throw-away products. However,
I'm fairly sure that a genuine Apple charger is unlikely to
electrocute me or set my house on fire, which is something I cannot
say about the counterfeits.

I agree with you , but even brand names have their problems. The
Samsung is a well known brand and their cell phones would burn up.

Other well known brands have had their problems.

A *lot* less often and when they do have problems they own up to it and
recall them. You won't see any of the cheap models recalling products.

--

Rick C