Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Repair/reinforcement of double pedestal desk

On 8/9/2017 6:47 PM, bob prohaska wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

From the minimal research I did, it looks like it could be worth a few
hundred if refinished. The ones selling for $10k and up are a bit
fancier.

That sounds plausible, but after one takes out the cost of materials
I suspect the net for the refinisher would be no more than $20/hr.

bob prohaska

Hard to evaluate from a photo, but it is not just about money. If it is
solid wood with good joinery you can end up with a really nice piece of
furniture. If it is cheap veneer and termite ridden and delaminating,
not worth the effort but could make a nice fire. I did see one old desk
that would be nice for the grandkids to use to color on. It was $48,000.