Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carb on Tecumseh engine leaking gas

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 21:52:53 -0400, "Phil Kangas"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 08 Aug 2017 14:43:16 -0700, Oren
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Aug 2017 20:14:05 GMT, RNZatv
caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85_11523@example .com
wrote:

replying to Jas, RNZatv wrote:
Your float is drowning
Got to bend the metal tag
With the bowl off make sure that the float is level when
it's closed off If
it's not actually sink and let fuel keep coming in

Do you even know what a sunken float means?! Adjustment of
the tab
won't prevent the problem.

Ask the gerbils.

Quite likey dirt in the needle valve

Brass float? Or brown fibre float? If the latter, it
could be methanol soaking into it replacing the
internal air micro pockets making the float sink.
Replace it .... opinion slightly embellished..

In 45 years I've seen more dirt in needle valves than sunk floats by
a LARGE margin - particularky wiyh rubber hoses and ethanol gas.
Methanal is VERY rare in motor fuel - even most gasline de-icers no
longer use methanol. Of the few sunk floats I've seen, the vast
majority are brass floats that have cracked - I've soldered a few over
the yeats but I don't think many were tecumsehs.
I do remenber a few cork floats that had the shelac stripped off of
them by methanol gasline drier WAY back. - and a few fuel guage floats
on some Pipers and Aeroncas