Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default California: 11 Counties Have More Voters than Voting-Age Citizens

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017 09:30:25 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 10:52:13 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

No. What I would say, if I were asked, is that suppressing a million
votes via unprecedented restrictions in order to catch a few thousand
fraudulent votes spread around.does a hell of a lot more damage to
"belief in our system of government."

--
Ed Huntress

Please explain how purging voter rolls of old outdated registrations is going to surpresss a million wotes.

You're making the wrong connection. What I said is that one of those
two things is much worse in terms of damaging "belief in our system of
government" than the other. And I said that the "purge" will produce,
at most, an insignificant result -- at considerable trouble and at
extra, unnecessary, expense.

And explain what the unprecedented restriction is.

Reducing polling places in selected areas and about a dozen other
restrictions that Kobach proposed in his home state. A federal court
fined him earlier this year for voter-fraud deceptions. He wants to do
the same thing nationwide.

I am of the opinion that there has always been a restriction on being registered to vote in multiple areas. So how is actually enforcing that is unprecedented.

No, there has been no such "restriction." Tell us about nationwide
laws that say you have to de-register when you move from one state to
another.

--
Ed Huntress