Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default California: 11 Counties Have More Voters than Voting-Age Citizens

On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 10:55:29 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 12:07:37 AM UTC-4, rangerssuck wrote:

Answer the question, if you can. How many of the ineligible actually voted?

I can not answer your question. Based on how some readers of RCM are interested in politics, I would guess there are some ineligible voters that voted more than once.

My question is " Do you think it is a good thing that voter rolls are not purged? " Would it not be reasonable to require people registering to vote, to state their previous place of registration, if any? And require the officials to notify the previous place that the person is now registered in a new location. THere may not be a lot of fraud going on, but don't you lock your house when you go somewhere. Sure there is not a lot of theft in your town, but most people consider it prudent to not create opportunity for crime.

Dan

If you sample 1,000 voters who are registered in two or more states
(they're easy to find; there are an estimated 7,000,000 of them), and
then check to see how many voted in multiple states (also easy; check
the voter records in each state for which those multiple-state
registrants are registered), you'll be able to measure the size of the
problem -- if any.

Then you'll know whether it's worth requiring states to notify voting
authorities in the (previous) states to which those voters are
registered.

Based on the research that's been done over the past few decades, the
likely answer is that it isn't worth the trouble, because the
multiple-state voters appear to be a small fraction of one percent of
all voters.

--
Ed Huntress