Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why would an engine "gurgle" only after turning it off (and spill coolant?)

On Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 4:35:05 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 8/5/2017 4:50 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

thanks. Some of the younger ones here probably don't know what a Corvair
is.

Heck, I think VW Beetles have liquid cooled engines now. I'm unsafe at any speed. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Airy Monster

Even some motorcycles are liquid cooled now.

"Unsafe At Any Speed" I guess you missed my historical reference? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsafe_at_Any_Speed

[8~{} Uncle Unsafe Monster

I take issue with Nader. I had a '62 Monza with 7.00 x 13 tires and it
handled very well. With snow tires I could go anywhere in winter too.
It ws one of my all time fun crs to drive.

It's my understanding that when the Corvair rear suspension was redesigned to be fully independent and put into production, it was superior to that of the Corvette. I don't remember driving a Corvair or even being a passenger in one. My family owned a Dodge Dart and Plymouth Valiant of that era. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Darting Monster