Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anybody use a Roomba in the workshop?

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 03:12:54 -0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

wrote in :

On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 02:44:18 -0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

Any of you guys use a Roomba (or other robot vacuum cleaner) to keep your shop floor
clean? Just wondering if it works...

Only if the shop floor is clean - - -

OK, I guess maybe I should elaborate. I plan on using a broom to deal with the largest stuff, the
jointer shavings and the sawdust that escapes the dust collector, the handplane shavings, and
so on. I'm wondering how well Roomba would do with the fine dust that escapes my air filter
too, and settles out of the air hours later, or with the stuff that I miss with the broom.

From my experience (short term) with one in the house, I'd say you
will be dissapointed. It will plug the filter in no-time, as well as
fill the tiny dirt cup. Terribly ovepriced toys.