Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Anybody use a Roomba in the workshop?

On 8/5/2017 11:23 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 10:58:11 -0500, Unquestionably Confused
wrote:

On 8/5/2017 10:46 AM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 8/4/17 10:12 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
wrote in
:

[snip]
so on. I'm wondering how well Roomba would do with the fine dust that
escapes my air filter
too, and settles out of the air hours later, or with the stuff that I
miss with the broom.

It would work great for that, if you didn't move stuff around a lot.
Unfortunately, they are easily confused.

How so, Mike? I don't own one but I always thought they cleaned in a
randomized pattern - just take off and go until they sense/touch and
object and then alter course until the next obstruction.

No, they learn the area.

That strictly depends on the particular Roomba model that you get. Only
the high end models have the mapping feature all others currently are
random.