Posted to alt.home.repair
Bram van den Heuvel Bram van den Heuvel is offline

Default Why would an engine "gurgle" only after turning it off (and spill coolant?)

Given , Stormin' Norman
wrote:

Sounds to me like you might have some partially blocked passages in
the engine cooling jacket which is resulting in some trapped air. I
suggest you get a reverse power flush of the cooling system and refill
it with a high quality coolant / distilled or demineralized water
mixture. I suspect your gurgling engine will settle down after that.

I ordered a new radiator and hoses and thermostat and gasket after finding
this pinhole hairline crack in the plastic neck of the radiator when
running a pressure test with the oreilly pressure testing kit.
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i...ing_t ool.jpg

This is the pinhole crack
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i...hole_crack.jpg

I tried thick expoxy to hold me out until the new radiator arrives
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i..._too_thick.jpg

But it was too thick. So I tried thinner epoxy.
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i...nner_epoxy.jpg

After sanding and cleaning with MAF cleaner, this thinner stuff stuck.
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i...nd_cleaned.jpg

I will pressure test it tomorrow after it has cured for 24 hours
http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?i..._of_expoxy.jpg

Is there any way to test the water pump action better than just watching
water go into the upper hose?

---
このEメールはアバスト アンチウイルスによりウイルスス* ンされています。