The Natural Philosopher

Default Central Heating Zoning controls (was Are room thermostats out of fashion?) longish question

Christian McArdle wrote:

Have I missed somethinhg here?
My three way time controller has buttons that switch off any of its
three zones?

The proposal is for programmable room thermostats and no overall programmer,
just a switch to turn off the entire heating system (except HWC).

Obviously, a 3 channel programmer with non-programmable stats is a different
system, also with an easy way to totally turn off the heating. However, it
doesn't allow a local button for override/boost and doesn't allow different
temperatures at different times of day.

Fairy nuff. Sounds amusing enough.

I am going to radically side with a single IMM comment, that circulation
hot water through fan convectors does a fair job of heating without the
fans on.

If you are really picky, fit a motorized valve.

I can;t answer for teh Kickspace, but my 'vectors had no balancing
valves. These are manadatory to stop them hogging CH flow. If you have a
motorsized valve per convector that may not be such a problem - since
hey will hog till the romm warms up only.

Christian.