Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Why would an engine "gurgle" only after turning it off (and spill coolant?)

On Fri, 4 Aug 2017 14:43:40 -0400, Dick Schmutz
wrote:

What diagnostics can I do to figure out why the coolant gurgles after
shutting down?

Maybe combustion chamber gasses leaking into the cooling system? Bad gasket or something cracked/warped?

I didn't want to mention a blown head gasket. That would likely
introduce some oil into the cooling system.

OP: Remove the radiator cap when the engine is cold. Crank the engine
to see if water is circulating through the radiator (if not the T-stat
needs attention if the water pump is not leaking below the shaft).

Is there oil in the water?

Will you be back to discuss this thread?