Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thinset instead of Grout?

On Tuesday, August 1, 2017 at 10:14:09 PM UTC-5, Outdoorman wrote:
replying to Kyle Boatright, Outdoorman wrote:
I did a glass floor mosaic tile in my shower and used Custom white polymer
modified thinset for the thinset and grout. Side note, I had to do
2-3 runs, as it didn't fill the cracks as as well as sanded grout, but 4 years
later it's working great. I used really heavy coats of 511 for the sealer and
let it cure for 72 hours before use. I think is much stronger than the sanded
grout. Initially I planned to use sanded grout but my trowelled sub straight
lines were too thick and the thinset came up between a lot of the tiles,
that's when the idea struck to just also grout with thinset. I also used the
logic Portland cement is Portland cement. It was an accidental success.
--

You're too late! 10 years ago, while receiving a shipment, Kyle was buried under a dump truck load of grout when the soft ground gave way under the wheels on one side of the dump truck. Even his 463 gerbils were unable to dig him out in time. It was a real tragedy. His gerbils really miss him. (~_~

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster