Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Slightly off topic Florescent lights.

Spalted Walt writes:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

$11 ea. w/free shipping / direct wire
http://www.ebay.com/itm/25PC-8FT-45W...-/192168789540

$16.95 ea. w/free shipping on orders $99 / direct wire
https://greenlightdepot.com/collecti...ed-linear-tube

$22 ea. + shipping / plug-n-play
https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/8...s-plug-n-play/

All 3 of those bulbs have single pin ends. The tombstones on the existing T8/T12
fixtures will need to be replaced.

Wrong!
They are *EIGHT FOOT* - single pin is the norm.

However, note that those at 1000bulbs are F96T8 compatible. It's not clear that
they'll work with a standard F96T12 ballast. The compatible ballast
list is short (9 entries).

The greenlightdepot does claim most fixtures (they bypass the
ballast and thus require rewiring) and offers a 5000k color
temperature - I just had an F96T12C50 fail, perhaps I'll try a pair of
these and see how they look.