Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Slightly off topic Florescent lights.

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 11:57:46 PM UTC-4, Spalted Walt wrote:
G Ross wrote:

Spalted Walt wrote:
Meanie wrote:

snip

In high bay areas, we often do a complete relamping when the % of lamp
failure is 20 or more of the total quantity. This partakes several years
apart. But now going to LEDs, we're hoping that problem partakes much
longer with a total LED relamping.

+1

At $5 ea. for 4' LED plug & play, it makes no sense to keep
replacing fluorescents with same.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-3...9486/301154652

But all my shop lights are 8 footers. Do they make 8' LEDs? I just
used my last spare.

$11 ea. w/free shipping / direct wire
http://www.ebay.com/itm/25PC-8FT-45W...-/192168789540

$16.95 ea. w/free shipping on orders $99 / direct wire
https://greenlightdepot.com/collecti...ed-linear-tube

$22 ea. + shipping / plug-n-play
https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/8...s-plug-n-play/

All 3 of those bulbs have single pin ends. The tombstones on the existing T8/T12
fixtures will need to be replaced. I've run across a few sites that include single pin
tombstones with their single pin LED's.

Buyers need to read the specs. If they don't come with tombstones, they will need
to be purchased separately.