Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Machinist's tools?

On 2017-07-31, philo wrote:

if these might have been made by a machinist.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2ahqff6nh...tools.jpg?dl=0

As a jr college trained machinist (I made a hardened adj surface gauge and
a non-hardened screw jack), I cannot say fer certain about the wrench,
but the screwdriver looks like a commercially available model, the
likes of which I've seen before. They even make reproductions:

http://www.garrettwade.com/extra-hea...er-set-gp.html

nb

Thank you.

So, the screw driver probably is commercial but the wrench might
possibly be "home made." I figured if it were a commercially made wrench
the sizes would be marked but this one has no markings on it.

It lkooks loke a specialty wrench supploed woth some piece of
machinery - no sizes needed - just big and small ends.O.ve seen LOTS
of wrenches just like it