Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Mounting faucet to porcelain sink-Use putty/caulk/silicone?

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 1:44:07 PM UTC-4, Iggy wrote:
replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
Fantastic. I've seen it plenty of times, even with 50-year old stuff. Traps
with bubbled and flaked-off chrome from the inside rot and sink drains and
baskets with a light film of what looks like dirt. No problems and no leaks,
but not far from both and much worse. My stuff and especially my future stuff
is good for a solid century or very much more without anyone ever touching a
single thing.

I get it though, you're about tried and truly flawed to justify a career. I'm
about improvement and keeping buildings as new as possible and people's lives
as free as they're willing to moronically accept. I know tons of morons

I'm sure you do.

that
replace their or an entire kitchen or bath, just because it's 20-years or more
old. Don't worry, there's a sea of stupid that will continue to embrace your
work.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ne-248903-.htm

Why is it stupid to replace a kitchen or bath that's 20 years old if you
want something different, better, and can afford it? Is everyone supposed
to live like you?