Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Mounting faucet to porcelain sink-Use putty/caulk/silicone?

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 1:44:06 PM UTC-4, Iggy wrote:
replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
Does it make *any* sense to have loose joints or even a plug in the *only*
area that always holds water? No! And, therefore exactly why that area almost
always rots-out first and even solely. If you don't like it, then don't do it.
But, /your way/ is a proven failure and headache in most every building, mine
is a proven Godsend.

Yeah, that's what I said and meant...that the plumber should just ride around
with his Drain Auger in his bicycle's front basket. Dip****!

This is what you posted:

"If, a plumber comes to snake the drain deeper in the system, they only need to
bring their snake."

So, you might want to rethink who the dip**** is. Because for what you
said to work, the plumber would have to know what's there before
they leave. And then unload the truck in their yard. And then hope
that they didn't need any other tools.

Sorry but, my goal is to save people from continued crap work and to eliminate
worthless product industries.

So, how many worthless product industries have you eliminated so far?

Stainless Steel is unbeaten and while Plastic
starts out great, it's plastic and the only guarantee of *any and all*
plastics is that they dry-out crack and fail irreparably. Hopefully, I can end
plastic's use wherever cost is minimal and avoid future damage from wrong and
flawed plumbing.

Keeps spinning and diverting all you want. The question was about
mounting a sink faucet. You started in about drains, now you're
starting in about plastic drains, which again no one brought up
or recommended. Whatever floats your boat over there at homemoanershub.