Posted to alt.home.repair
Iggy Iggy is offline

Default Mounting faucet to porcelain sink-Use putty/caulk/silicone?

replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
- Yes they do and they're what rots-out first and takes the rest of the
assembly with it. Thus, why there shouldn't be loose joints nor plugs in the
trap or where water always sits. My way, you get the same or better
convenience without the pre-mature failure. Every piece of the entire plumbing
system lasting the same amount of time is the goal.

- Uh-huh, right. Really, that's what I said and meant...right? Plumbers could
just ride around with their Drain Augers in their front bicycle baskets. Stop
eating the putty.

- Again, how is it acceptable to re-pipe and/or re-drain a sink when the
entire rest of the building's system behind the walls needs nothing? It's a
common, regular and constant problem that needed addressing. And, what if the
reverse could be true? I think it would be great to not have my property
damaged nor my life disrupted and to be able to re-use my drain assemblies
endlessly with full confidence.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ne-248903-.htm