Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chinese Repair Parts

wrote in message
The starter on my Ford Ranger pickup died. I looked on the internet
and found a wide range of replacements. The prices ranged from $38 to
about $150. The truck is old and will be replaced soon, so I ordered
the cheapest. There were two places that had that price. One was in
Calif. and from what I could tell tell the other was in Eastern Tenn.
Surprise the place in Tenn. was a vendor thru Walmart. Since I am on
East Coast, I ordered from Walmart. Another surprise, the tracking
started for place in Mass. And the final surprise....
It was brand new manufactured in China.

It arrived late today and I put it on after dinner. It works fine.
At that price I was expecting a rebuilt starter.
Dan

A new brush set fixed my 91 Ranger's starter.
http://www.autozone.com/batteries-st...et/ford/ranger

You might check the alternator brushes. There is a hole for a wire to
restrain the brushes while you install the holder assembly.-jsw