John Laird

Default Central Heating Zoning controls (was Are room thermostats out of fashion?) longish question

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:00:05 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

I think I missed the point about the master switch ;-) Sounds a bit like
overkill as the two zone programmers can be co-located anyway.

Co-location is impossible. They are programmable room thermostats. They
won't sense the right temperature if they are in the wrong room.

Oh do shut up ;-) I thought the OP had mentioned RF devices, so was
presuming he was putting the sensors in suitable rooms, with the actual
programmers nearer the (um, let's see) zone valves, I guess. They don't
*have* to be next to one another, but it would be simpler if they were.

--
A seminar on Time Travel will be held 2 weeks ago.

Mail john rather than nospam...