Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default ON TOPIC: Fan only furnace operation

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 13:46:12 -0700, Taxed and Spent
wrote:

I have a thermostat that allows a setting for fan only, which I wish to
try to try to push some air around during the warm weather. There is no
AC. Furnace is 1960's vintage, and had only two wires to the
thermostat. I added a C wire for the smarter thermostat. If I add a
FAN wire, will the old furnace have a place to hook it up and respond
appropriately?

In my first house - a small bungalow - I would block the two main
floor air-returns just lie magazines over them
and open the furnace filter access door - place a spare filter
across the door opening - and run the fan - drawing cooler
basement air through the spare filter rather than the main floor
returns - and circulating it .. not like having air conditioning -
but it helped for the muggy days in July-August ..
John T.