Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] malcolm@gatewaybusinessservices.uk is offline

Default Parkside Cordless

On Tuesday, September 11, 2007 at 8:19:10 AM UTC+1, Arthur 51 wrote:
Hia all.
I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Thanks.

Arthur

I bought three Parkside tools ... drill, jigsaw, circular saw and I have no complaints about the tools themselves but one battery went dud after about 18 months so I bought a replacement from Kompernass.

What bothers me is that today the other two batteries have both failed ON THE SAME DAY. Both say date of manufacture Oct 2014 just under three years ago. The three-year warranty doesn't cover batteries but I am wondering if they fit a chip to make them fail. Anyone else had a similar experience?