Old September 11th 07, 08:19 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Parkside Cordless

Hia all.
I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Thanks.

Arthur

Old September 11th 07, 08:33 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur 51" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hia all.
I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

You could recell it with batteries from Maplin. Or go into Lidl and see
whop the agents are. I believe replacement batteries are available for
Parkside. With battery drills you get a set of batteries and free drill
thrown in. Probably not worth buying batteries, but give it a try.

Old September 11th 07, 11:02 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sep 11, 8:19 am, Arthur 51 wrote:
Hia all.
I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Thanks.

Arthur

Hi,

Why are they crap?

Do they quickly lose charge when left on the shelf?

So work fine after a full charge but not some days/weeks later.

cheers,
Pete.

Old September 11th 07, 11:13 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...
On 11 Sep,
"Doctor Drivel" wrote:

You could recell it with batteries from Maplin. Or go into Lidl and see
whop the agents are. I believe replacement batteries are available for
Parkside. With battery drills you get a set of batteries and free drill
thrown in. Probably not worth buying batteries, but give it a try.

I considered re-celling my bosch cordless. I found suitable cells more
expensive than the complete packs. A new drill comes with batteries, and
for
cheaper models, can be cheaper than a new battery. I'll buy a new drill
when
I next need one.

I bought a Bosch pmf 180 multi tool (the last one in Argos) yesterday. Ded
gud it is too. What is the best source for new blades. It doesn't come
with
metal cutting ones as standard.

Look at the Medway Handymans posts.

Old September 11th 07, 11:39 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-11 11:02:52 +0100, Pete C said:

On Sep 11, 8:19 am, Arthur 51 wrote:
Hia all.
I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Thanks.

Arthur

Hi,

Why are they crap?

Because they are cheap junk from Lidl.

Old September 11th 07, 11:57 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-11 11:02:52 +0100, Pete C said:

On Sep 11, 8:19 am, Arthur 51 wrote:
Hia all.
I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Thanks.

Arthur

Hi,

Why are they crap?

Because they are cheap junk from Lidl.

Parkside are actually quite good tools.

Old September 11th 07, 12:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Old September 11th 07, 01:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Hall" wrote in ...
On 2007-09-11 11:02:52 +0100, Pete C said:

On Sep 11, 8:19 am, Arthur 51 wrote:
Hia all.
I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Thanks.

Arthur

Hi,

Why are they crap?

Because they are cheap junk from Lidl.

Parkside are actually quite good tools.

ROTFL.

As someone who owns a Power Devil hammer drill, Tooltec sander,
Marksman plane, silverline biscuit cutter, Challenge jigsaw and
Powercraft sander.
Quality 'feel' from these tools goes like this for me.

All of the above have a build quality feeling in the range 2 - 5 out
of ten, compared to
the recently acquired bosch cordless GSR14.4VE2.
The parkside cordless from Lidl definitely comes top of the monkeys
with a build
quality feel more than 5 maybe 6.
If I hadn't cooked the batteries on the ******* I wouldn't have
thought about replacing it.

Therefore, I feel; Up yours, Hall!

Old September 11th 07, 01:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2007-09-11 13:06:33 +0100, Arthur 51 said:

As someone who owns a Power Devil hammer drill, Tooltec sander,
Marksman plane, silverline biscuit cutter, Challenge jigsaw and
Powercraft sander.
Quality 'feel' from these tools goes like this for me.

All of the above have a build quality feeling in the range 2 - 5 out
of ten, compared to
the recently acquired bosch cordless GSR14.4VE2.
The parkside cordless from Lidl definitely comes top of the monkeys
with a build
quality feel more than 5 maybe 6.

In comparison with the Bosch?

If I hadn't cooked the batteries on the ******* I wouldn't have
thought about replacing it.

But you did, and now you're having to tit around with replacing them,
only to discover that doing so will cost more than the product. By
the time you've done all of that and accounted for the wasted time you
could have bought a decent product in the first place.

Therefore, I feel; Up yours, Hall!

At least you figured out the buying the Bosch was the better idea.

Old September 11th 07, 01:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote in
ups.com:

I have a Parkside (LIDL) cordless drill that has 2 crap batteries.
I'm loathe to throw it in the bin even though I've now got
14.4v bosch.
Anyone know any sources for replacement batteries?
Then I could give it to someone.

Coincidentally I'm in a similar position, but I've just bought the
Makita 18V combi + 3 batteries currently on offer from Screwfix...

The Lidl 'Parkside' brand tools (and other Lidl own-brand products)
are sourced from China (presumably) by Kompernass
Handelsgesellschaft. I'm not sure whether the company is just a
supplier to Lidl, or a subsidiary. Find their website he
http://www.kompernass.com

UK service is provided by a firm in Bilston - find the contact
details via the Kompernass site. I keep meaning to contact them about
the cost of replacement batteries, but I've not got a round tuit. I'm
loath to throw the drill away as (despite what some may believe) it's
actually pretty good (proper gearbox, Rohm keyless chuck) but
certainly recelling the batteries is not ecomomic and indeed buying
new batteries may well not be economic...

As it is, I've had over 4 years of sterling use out of it and I'm
just getting to the end of the second house renovation project it's
been used on. I'm just about to start on a third, hence I can afford
a Makita

I generally subscribe to the adage 'buy cheap, buy twice' but on this
occasion went for 'buy cheap, see how much I use it' - and I used it
a lot and it just went on and on and on ... until the batteries began
to fail to hold charge. It has certainly repaid the purchase price.

Hope this helps

--
Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.

Lidl - Parkside Table Top Circular Saw markp1706 UK diy 22 September 3rd 17 02:49 PM
Cordless? CW Woodworking 13 December 25th 06 06:51 PM
cordless drill mike UK diy 54 December 20th 05 10:56 AM
Cordless drill urchaidh UK diy 0 October 21st 05 08:16 PM
Cordless Toilets Sacramento Dave Home Repair 0 October 12th 05 04:16 PM