Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Toilet Bowl Cleaners ?

Wayne Boatwright wrote in
9.45:

On Wed 26 Jul 2017 06:49:41p, rbowman told us...

We havea tried CLR, chlorine bleach, and a host of other toilet
cleaning products, none of which worked. We now use ZEP
Commercial acidid toilet bowl cleaner. It's cleaning ability is
nothing short of amazing. However, the container does not
specify what type of acid it contains.

http://content.rpgov.net/dpw/right_t...Acidic%20Toile
t%20Bowl%20Cleaner.pdf

No, but the MSDS does....

HYDROCHLORIC ACID; muriatic acid; hydrogen chloride; HCl
7647-01-0
5 - 15
SULFAMIC ACID; amidosulfonic acid; amidosulfuric acid
5329-14-6
1 - 5
QUATERNARY AMMONIUM CHLORIDES; blend of alkyl dimethylbenzyl
ammonium chlorides, alkyl dimethyl ethylbenzyl ammonium
chlorides, and ethanol 85409-23-0; 68391-
01-5

The last bunch are surfactants.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Custom-Bu...qua-Mix-1-lb-S
ulfamic-Acid-Crystals-050231/300176044

It might be worth buying a pound and seeing if the sulfamic gets
rid of the mineralization by itself. If not, throw in a little
HCL. 1 - 5

Thanks for the valuable information. We are very careful with it and
since it's the onlyh product we've been happy with the results, we
will continue to use it.

We were aware that it contained acids, but not the breakdown you
supplied. We have always used laboratory grade chemicala resistant
gloves.

Sorry if this wasn't hepful to the OP.

Does the container say anything about septic tanks - safe?