Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Sharpening Stones

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 10:03:31 PM UTC-5, John Grossbohlin wrote:

18th century isn't 1800-1830 either... It seems too good and clean to be 200
years old. Perhaps it is a more recent piece made in the style?

More red flags.... Same people have another very similar armoire.
https://lafayette.craigslist.org/atq...236012299.html

I believe these cabinets were recently made. Back in the 1800s, a home's tax was based on the number of rooms in the house, so homes didn't have closets. A closet was considered a room. They had armoires for clothes storage. There are no accommodations for hanging clothes in these cabinets, hence, I don't think they date back to the 1800s.

Sonny