Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Petrol and diesel vehicles could be banned by 2040

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Ash Burton
wrote:
On 26/07/2017 02:30, bm wrote:
"bm" wrote in message
web.com...
The national grid must be ****ing themselves.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...be-banned-2040
A typical worker thinks we just plug'em in and off to work we go. We
have to pay HOW MUCH? French strike is called. Ohhhh, it's the
libdems, forget it. Jeremy is still pondering, there's a surprise.

One of the comments - Oh well looks like we will be back in the dark
ages with a horse and trap as the family transport. At least part of a
horses emmisions are useful on the roses.

It only applies to new vehicles produced after 2040, there will still be
a lot of petrol/diesel engined cars on the road for many years after
that.

by then I would be 100 years old, so probably won't be driving

You may well be dozing off in your self driving
car during your day out from the care home tho.