Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Petrol and diesel vehicles could be banned by 2040

On 7/26/2017 10:05 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 July 2017 09:46:23 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
It only applies to new vehicles produced after 2040, there will still be
a lot of petrol/diesel engined cars on the road for many years after that.

I predict a big boost in sales of new petrol and diesel cars in 2039 :-)

Depends on the cost of petrol and diesel, and the MOT and emissions requirements for petrol and diesel cars.

Can we build (er, buy flat-pack from China) some nice nuclear power stations within the next 23 years?

Owain

I think that might just about be long enough for some small, modular
reactors (SMRs) to become commercially available. I think real
commercial prototypes are a decade away, and allow another decade for
regulatory acceptance.

I'm very confident that the Chinese will be able to build full sized
ones just about anywhere suitable by then.