Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 17:31:04 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 25, 2017 at 4:35:47 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 07/25/2017 10:17 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
Hubby's former boss during the 1960s bought a Lamborghini (or equivalent
-- the James Bond car at the time) and sold it as soon as he found out
that a simple tuneup (we remember what those were, right?) cost $1,000.

'Simple tuneup' and 'Italian engine' in the same sentence is an oxymoron
waiting to happen. You're probably thinking of the Aston Martin DB5
though. That's the iconic Bond car although others showed up in the
movies over the years.

I don't know what the inflation adjusted cost for the '60s DB5's would
be but the new models are about $200,000. Pay that for a car and a $1000
oil change is just chump change.

That sounds like the old "If he can afford that much yard, he can afford to have
someone mow the lawn" argument.

Of course you realize that that is not a valid argument.

And yet it is. Which is why I've always maintained "of you cANNOT
AFFORD TO DRIVE A NEW ONE, YOU CERTAINLY CANNOT AFFORD A USED ONE"
WHEN IT COMES TO THOSE "EXOTICS"