Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT More on Brexit

On 25/07/17 16:41, Huge wrote:
On 2017-07-25, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp writes

Chlorinated chicken isn't a good idea, but that's what we'll be buying
into.

Although I'm a Remainer, I can see little problem with chlorinated
chicken. Presumably it's effective at killing the bugs, and I guess
there'll be very little chlorine in it by the time you come to eat it.

Even the EU's scientists don't think there's a problem with "chlorinated
chicken". (It's no such thing, of course.) The ban is merely to protect
European chicken producers, and their reasoning ("farm to fork") is
nonsense.

I can't see how this is any different to washing out a baby's bottle
with Milton which is based on sodium hypochlorite aka standard household
bleach.

As long as the concentrations are set at a safe level and the bird is
drained, it seems like quite a reasonable idea given the prevalence of
poultry to harbour nasty surface bugs.