Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 10:18:35 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrap has no chance of sheilding the RF ---

A flexible sheet of lead would probably work best.

In our new car there is an excellennt external hiding place. Of
course I can't eveal it. :-)

A friend years ago installed a "dummy' dual exhaust. The tip
screwed off. Fake Lakes would do the job too - unbolt the cover
(cut-out) to get to the key. I guess you could do it with real
lakes too.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are "Fake Lakes" or "Lakes" for that
matter?

While they do not have to be, but often the exhaust pipes that run from
the engine down the outside of the car under the doors are what is often
called lake pipes.

The lake pipes are usully a larger exhaust system than the factory and
could have a way of by passing the muffler system.

Ytpical "lake piles" are straight through pipes, sometimes with
"waffles" like the OEM early Z28 exhausts, connected to "cut-outs" to
bypass "legal" exhausts. Historically, they were 2 inch chrome pipes
with removeable end cap plates - some with louvered end plates that
acted somewhat as baffles for street use.