Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default Sharpening Stones

The best deals I have found were the result of checking Craigslist multiple
times each day... and having cash in hand and being able to move quickly.
I've had people pull in the seller's driveway behind me (floor sander)...
The good stuff at good prices goes very fast!

I manually search when I have time but mainly I use their feature to
create your own searches which can be set to message you when an item
(like woodworking, saw, etc.,) comes up new.

James Wright talks about it in his YouTube videos as that is how he
gets his cheap or free wood and tools...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbM...TpO5MQQnNwkCHg

When I post stuff for sale I'm not trying to get the last dollar out of it,
I'm usually trying to get rid of it for the space it takes up. I put an
Ikea loft bed on there last fall for about 60% of what others were asking
for the same bed. When the buyer showed up she asked for more off... I
knocked another bit off that got it down to about 50% of the others. Little
did she know I would have given it to her to get it out of my house! LOL
John Grossbohlin

Got any tools or other things you still need to get rid of?? (smile)

It always amazes me how people try to talk you down even though they
already know they are getting a good deal. I do my homework to keep my
prices fair based on cost and condition.

I sold a secretary+hutch not long ago. Solid cherry, 40+ years old,
and still looked new. No damage except one spot on top of desk where
movers had damaged it and then attempted a (bad) repair. It was hidden
when the hutch was on so I never bothered to repair it further. I sold
it to a woman who I let talk me down another 20%. It was already 60%
less than others in worse shape that were listed. I sold it to her
because I was tired of seeing it sit unused anymore. Better someone
else use and love it than it collect dust in my house.

Funny part is she was not interested in the matching chair. I never
told her the story of how long and hard my mother searched to get that
chair. It was a special custom order that took almost a year to get.
The lone chair stis in my guest room until sold or redone more modern.

I've gotten to the point where I no longer want things around that are
unused or take up space that could be put to better use.

---
http://www.avg.com