Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Sharpening Stones

wrote in message

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 9:39:45 AM UTC-5, Michael wrote:

I picked up a Work Shop WS-3000 for $45.00 on Craiglist today to sharpen
my lathe tools. Has anyone used it for this purpose? Any advice?

Thanks,

Mike

I don't know how people do that. Around here, I have watched Craigslist
off and on for years, and never have I seen a bargain.

Robert

The best deals I have found were the result of checking Craigslist multiple
times each day... and having cash in hand and being able to move quickly.
I've had people pull in the seller's driveway behind me (floor sander)...
The good stuff at good prices goes very fast!

When I post stuff for sale I'm not trying to get the last dollar out of it,
I'm usually trying to get rid of it for the space it takes up. I put an
Ikea loft bed on there last fall for about 60% of what others were asking
for the same bed. When the buyer showed up she asked for more off... I
knocked another bit off that got it down to about 50% of the others. Little
did she know I would have given it to her to get it out of my house! LOL