Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_4_] is offline

Default OT More on Brexit

On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 20:34:00 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

I don't eat meat, so haven't got a cock in this fight, but ...

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/07/ignore-the-scare-stories-from-remainers-over-chlorinated-chicken

Chlorine is bad for the individual and bad for the environment.

It's in water, and I gather salmonella isn't so good for you either. If
the chlorine washed meat is as white as is claimed, I'm sure you'll be
able to tell it apart from the yellow corn-fed chicken ... at a price.

Give that man a kewpie doll!

It is in the water, that's correct. Before it goes in the water, the
water is filtered, treated with poly aluminum chloride,
polyelectrolytes and often goes through a dedicated filter press prior
to dosing with hypochlorate.

The catchword is organics. Clean water isn't a risk, although it may
be a good idea to break out the Colgate if the choppers are a bit on
the slimy side.

I was surprised really, but I heard on the news about four years or so
back, that a food processing company in Birmingham was caught
recycling waste chicken. They were washing rancid fillets with bleach
and petting them back in the food chain.

They were prosecuted!!

AB