Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On 07/24/2017 10:43 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/24/2017 12:28 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

Having keyless ignition without proximity sensors seems annoyingly
useless. You have the key in your hand to open the door, but where do
you put it then if not in the handy storage slot? Drop it on the floor?
Put it in a nonexistent pocket? On the seat where it can drop down
into the memory hole between the seats? In my purse where I have to
spend time finding it when I have to lock the car when I leave?

Friend's Lexus has the prox sensors, but you have to push a button on
the key to lock it when you leave. The side mirrors obligingly fold
down when it's locked so you know that it's locked.

My Genesis can be locked by touching a button on the handle. One touch,
all doors lock. You can open the trunk just by standing in back of the
car for 3 seconds. I've found that to be very handy at times.

The Lexus doors should lock with the handle too. Maybe that model does
not or your friend does not know how to do it.

He probably does, he just told me how to do it when I went to his car to
get something. He calls my Corolla the cheap Lexus.

With all the technology in cars, it is very possible to not know of some
features. Or dual function buttons that do different thing in different
modes.

The Lexus was a nice car to drive. If my mom had asked my advice I
would have told her to get one instead of the POS 88 Caddy which
replaced the POS 78 Caddy. Not as much fun to drive as the S2000,
though, even if I botched half the shifts.

--
Cheers, Bev
SAVE GAS, FART IN A JAR