Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Sharpening Stones

On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 12:00:25 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Monday, July 24, 2017 at 9:39:45 AM UTC-5, Michael wrote:

I picked up a Work Shop WS-3000 for $45.00 on Craiglist today to sharpen my lathe tools. Has anyone used it for this purpose? Any advice?

Thanks,

Mike

I don't know how people do that. Around here, I have watched Craigslist off and on for years, and never have I seen a bargain.

Anyway, the 3000 does all kinds of great things, and folks have developed their own appliances and jigs to use with it to sharpen just about anything. (A word or warning... don't be tempted to sharpen your knives on the 3000, not even with their guide system.)

To get a good look at what is possible, go to YouTube and search "Worksharp". Lots of good videos, sure something there to at least give you an idea on technique, use of grits, etc.

Robert

Robert,

Thanks for the great information! I didn't realize it was so versatile.

I set up IFTTT.com to send me an email any new Craigslist posts with the word "woodworking." I've bought a few things that way. IFTTT sends an email about 2 hours after the initial Craigslist post.

Mike