Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Internet car sales

news
On 24/07/17 10:58, tim... wrote:

news
On 24/07/17 09:01, fred wrote:
On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 5:37:09 PM UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 21/07/2017 12:27, Huge wrote:

This has all the hallmarks of some sort of scam, but I can't
think what the aim is.

To get you to send money for a non-existent car.

I can just about cope with being scammed. But some people get
tricked into turning up at an address with a few thou in their back
pocket in cash. They then get mugged.

Yes. Iv'e heard of someone buying a car online and beinga asked to
meet the seller in a Hotel carpark to view the car and with cash in
hand. He was assaulted and the cash stolen.

Not watched enough films featuring drug deals had he?

Don't take the cash.

Have it round the corner in a mate's pocket.

Once its clear the car exists, and there are no toughs hanging round,
call him.

wont stop you getting beaten up

may if yuu say 'cash is with a mate, and he is calling the police as we
speak, because I didn't give him te thumbs up sign'.

Depends on whether they believe you and can see any mate calling the cops.