Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Knife - rerlated

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 7:27:08 PM UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 7/21/2017 7:03 PM, rick wrote:
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ...
add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted ad
again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

Turns out adding in the description that "the saw has a blade guard
combine with riving knife" ... contains the word 'knife' that is
banned on gumtree.
I explained its a correct description for the tool .... don't care
'knife' is a banned word.

I asked how I would be able to sell a knife & fork set .... no answer on
that.

Can you actually have a blade guard *without* a riving blade? Just say
saw table with blade guard.

Yes it is possible to have a blade guard without a riving knife. Usually suspended from an arm overhanging the saw table