Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Knife - rerlated

On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ...
add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted ad
again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

Turns out adding in the description that "the saw has a blade guard
combine with riving knife" ... contains the word 'knife' that is
banned on gumtree.
I explained its a correct description for the tool .... don't care
'knife' is a banned word.

I asked how I would be able to sell a knife & fork set .... no answer on
that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/07/17 19:03, rick wrote:
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ...
add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted ad
again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

Turns out adding in the description that "the saw has a blade guard
combine with riving knife" ... contains the word 'knife' that is
banned on gumtree.
I explained its a correct description for the tool .... don't care
'knife' is a banned word.

I asked how I would be able to sell a knife & fork set .... no answer on
that.

dont true and sell any canola oil either

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 21 July 2017 19:03:42 UTC+1, rick wrote:
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ...
add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted ad
again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

Turns out adding in the description that "the saw has a blade guard
combine with riving knife" ... contains the word 'knife' that is
banned on gumtree.
I explained its a correct description for the tool .... don't care
'knife' is a banned word.

I asked how I would be able to sell a knife & fork set .... no answer on
that.

call it a riving whatsit, or bldae.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/21/2017 7:03 PM, rick wrote:
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ...
add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted ad
again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

Turns out adding in the description that "the saw has a blade guard
combine with riving knife" ... contains the word 'knife' that is
banned on gumtree.
I explained its a correct description for the tool .... don't care
'knife' is a banned word.

I asked how I would be able to sell a knife & fork set .... no answer on
that.

Can you actually have a blade guard *without* a riving blade? Just say
saw table with blade guard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/07/2017 19:27, newshound wrote:
On 7/21/2017 7:03 PM, rick wrote:
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day
... add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted
ad again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

Turns out adding in the description that "the saw has a blade guard
combine with riving knife" ... contains the word 'knife' that is
banned on gumtree.
I explained its a correct description for the tool .... don't care
'knife' is a banned word.

I asked how I would be able to sell a knife & fork set .... no answer
on that.

Can you actually have a blade guard *without* a riving blade? Just say
saw table with blade guard.

No issue now .. renamed it and it sold within half a day .... just
amazed how stupid this was.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/21/2017 7:03 PM, rick wrote:
[...]

Well, except that if you want to set out a fast, low cost site then it
is easiest to implement very simple rules. And no point pointing out
immediately what has tripped them because that makes it easy for the bad
guys to find a work around.

But I can see it was annoying in your particular case.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/21/2017 7:03 PM, rick wrote:

[...]

The entire city of S****horpe has been banned from many websites.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/21/2017 7:03 PM, rick wrote:

[...]

As have the counties of East & West Sussex.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 05:03:31 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

The entire city of S****horpe has been banned from many websites.

LOL! It took me a minute to get that but worth it! :-D

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 05:03:31 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The entire city of S****horpe has been banned from many websites.

Especially on Saturdays.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 7:27:08 PM UTC+1, newshound wrote:
On 7/21/2017 7:03 PM, rick wrote:
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ...
add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted ad
again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

Turns out adding in the description that "the saw has a blade guard
combine with riving knife" ... contains the word 'knife' that is
banned on gumtree.
I explained its a correct description for the tool .... don't care
'knife' is a banned word.

I asked how I would be able to sell a knife & fork set .... no answer on
that.

Can you actually have a blade guard *without* a riving blade? Just say
saw table with blade guard.

Yes it is possible to have a blade guard without a riving knife. Usually suspended from an arm overhanging the saw table
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 13:43:08 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 05:03:31 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

The entire city of S****horpe has been banned from many websites.

LOL! It took me a minute to get that but worth it! :-D

Never heard the ditty

If Typhoo put the T in Britain who put the **** in S****horpe .

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2017 14:43, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 05:03:31 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

The entire city of S****horpe has been banned from many websites.

LOL! It took me a minute to get that but worth it! :-D

I understand the inhabitants of Penistone have problems too. So does my
spiel chucker - it wants to insert a hyphen...

BTW what happened to your sig separator?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 21 July 2017 19:03:42 UTC+1, rick wrote:
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ...
add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted ad
again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

A friend is in a band called knifeladder I wonder if they'll get 'band' from playing ;-)