Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Dispute over new loft conversion

"Bert Coules" wrote in message
"michael adams" wrote:

If you go to the bottom of your garden, and taking advantage of the 6-8 inches
offered by the positioning of the fence can't you take a photo or series of photos
one of which will be exactly at right angles to the back of your house ?

I have tried that but the result isn't as clear-cut as I would have liked, partly
because I can only get such a picture from the farthest point of the garden and at that
distance, even with computer-aided enlargement, it's not easy accurately to mark the
exact line of the border.

But I'll persevere. Thanks for the thought.

If you choose an arial view in Google Streetview, assuming the
two bungalows are identical in area then assuming this post dates
the metre extension having been built, a screen capture and
subsequently measuring and drawing lines should give some
idea if how close the extension actually comes to the boundary.

Basically you first need to establish the facts. It might also
be worth pondering, although not by asking him direct, how
exactly the neighbour is so sure of "his" facts.

michael adams