Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 10:08:26 AM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 07/22/2017 09:09 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip]

Hide a spare key in the vehicle. Have a third key made without the
transponder. It can still be done for many vehicles, but you might
have to ask around. Make the hole in the key a little bigger, remove a
license plate and hang the key from the screw before you reattach the
plate. On which side of the plate you place the key should be fairly
obvious.

I would hide the key in some place no one else knows about, so a place
mentioned in public is NOT suitable.

Right, because car thieves always take the time to remove the license plates to
look for a key that will only open the door but not start it. ;-)

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I draw my warrant from the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to
hold the slave in bondage." [Rev. Thomas Witherspoon, Presbyterian, of
Alabama]