Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default Dodge RAM 1500 electrical issues

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 09:45:19 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 14:00:04 +0000, Stormin' Norman wrote:

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 09:32:49 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/23/2017 7:58 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

Engine by Mopar. Electrical by Lucas.
Are you sure it was a Dodge? Sounds like something you'd find on a
Jaguar.

Yup, Chrysler. In fact, I just remembered I owned a 1961 Plymouth
Valiant when I was stationed at MCAS Cherry Point. I was leaving the
base one afternoon in 1962 when the engine compartment started smoking
and just as I approached the front gate, it burst into flames. An
electrical fire.

I suppose there are a percentage of electrical problems with all makes
and models, but Chrysler sticks in my mind as being below average,
from an electrical perspective.

My son's wife-to-be had a '90's Chrysler - a Stratus if I remember right.
He was driving it one day when it went up in flames due to a power steering hose coming
loose. Burnt to the ground before the fire engines showed up.
She got a recall notice a couple weeks later for that "problem."

Wow! Did the flammable hydraulic fluid ignite when it came in contact
with the exhaust manifold?

That sucks, I hope no one was injured.