Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On 07/22/2017 08:50 PM, wrote:

[snip]

I don't carry a spare key around town but when my wife and I travel,
we both have a key.
If you are just worried about a lockout, get a key cut on a regular
blank (no chip). It will open the doors but it won't start the car.
Hide that.

I carry a door-only key like that. I have needed it once when the
regular keys were locked inside (I could see them on the seat).

BTW, I was just a mile from home and could walk but I had just bought
frozen food and needed to get it home quickly. Also, there's the highway
(heavy traffic) that's not easy to cross on foot.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I draw my warrant from the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to
hold the slave in bondage." [Rev. Thomas Witherspoon, Presbyterian, of
Alabama]