Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Dodge RAM 1500 electrical issues

On 7/23/2017 7:58 AM, Stormin' Norman wrote:

We then set out to find where the circuits were grounded. After 15
minutes, we located a bundle of 13 wires, connected to a steel
grounding stud, under the battery and spot welded to the wheel well
fender.

What a ridiculous approach to electrical design, 13 wires of varying
sizes crimped into one connector and not even soldered. The wires
were not protected with heat shrink tubing or even with some kind of
insulating electrical putty. With the bundle of wires under the
battery, what engineer couldn't foresee battery related corrosives
affecting the wires and connections... geez.

Engine by Mopar. Electrical by Lucas.
Are you sure it was a Dodge? Sounds like something you'd find on a
Jaguar.