Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Knife - rerlated

On 7/22/2017 11:04 PM, rick wrote:
On 22/07/2017 19:27, newshound wrote:
On 7/21/2017 7:03 PM, rick wrote:
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet.

This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day
... add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch posted
ad again ... next day same again.
Spent an age waiting for on-line 'chat' help.

Turns out adding in the description that "the saw has a blade guard
combine with riving knife" ... contains the word 'knife' that is
banned on gumtree.
I explained its a correct description for the tool .... don't care
'knife' is a banned word.

I asked how I would be able to sell a knife & fork set .... no answer
on that.

Can you actually have a blade guard *without* a riving blade? Just say
saw table with blade guard.

No issue now .. renamed it and it sold within half a day .... just
amazed how stupid this was.

Well, except that if you want to set out a fast, low cost site then it
is easiest to implement very simple rules. And no point pointing out
immediately what has tripped them because that makes it easy for the bad
guys to find a work around.

But I can see it was annoying in your particular case.