Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 2nd copy of car keys and fob?

On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 10:29:18 PM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 7:49:10 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

How many of you carry a 2nd copy of your car keys and fob, when you're
in town?

Spare key and fob are in my purse.

When you go out of town?

Spare key and fob are with me always.

Before I had a fob, I carried a second car key for 10 or 20 years, but I
stopped a while ago. I have a spare housekey and carkey buried in my
yard somewhere, but I've never trusted magnetic keyholders for cars. I
thought either it would fall off or someone would find it, since there
are so few good places to put it. So I carried the dupe in my pocket.

Yes, the magnetic key holder will fall off. Spare set of house
keys are buried in my yard, too, in one of those fake sprinkler
heads.

When I was working, I had a keyring on my belt with extra keys to my vehicles. There was always the chance that I'd lock my purse inside my service van. I did lock my keys inside my vehicles more than once when my exit routine was interrupted by some distraction like a pretty girl walking across the parking lot but I simply unclipped a keyring from my belt and unlocked the door. The gas cap key was on my belt too but I never left my vehicle unlocked at a service station. Heck, I even had extra house keys along with extra keys to everything on a separate keyring on my belt. I kept everything locked up including the basement where I kept the young Hippy woman hitchhiker I kidnapped. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Locked Monster