Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Kids in Utah, Geezers in Maine

On 07/22/2017 06:47 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
http://www.usa.com/rank/us--median-age--state-rank.htm

Median age in Utah is 29.20. It's 42.70 in Maine. I never would've
thought there would be such a difference.

Utah has the Mormons and their tendency toward big families. SLC has
also become sort of a LA East and probably attracts younger people.

There's not much in Maine to hold the kids. When I lived there in the
late '70s the local independent paper went with the front cover headline
"If You're So Good What Are You Doing In Maine?" The town I lived in had
been a carpet manufacturing area. When the mills went south anybody with
half a brain left. We moved our manufacturing there to take advantage of
the cheap labor but you get what you pay for.