Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any good use of carbide PCB drills

Hobby dills tiny drill holes. Look into any Dremel box
and you will have half a dozen.
Martin

On 7/19/2017 9:45 PM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 21:18:52 -0500, Ignoramus17939
wrote:

I am parting out a PCB drilling CNC machine. Inside of it, there is a
good pile of a few lbs of carbide "PCB Drills". These are tiny drills
and perhaps end mills, with what looks like 1/8" shanks.

I wonder if there is any non-PCB use for them. I do realize that these
carbide drills can only be used in CNC equipment, and I have a CNC
milling machine. Trying to think of any good use cases but can't.

Google "small hole drilling." In many of the links you'll find
comments about the applications. There are many, from medical devices
to aerospace to process screens and filters.