Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any good use of carbide PCB drills

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 20:54:40 -0500, Ignoramus2777

On 2017-07-20, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ignoramus17939" wrote in
message ...
I am parting out a PCB drilling CNC machine. Inside of it, there is a
good pile of a few lbs of carbide "PCB Drills". These are tiny
drills
and perhaps end mills, with what looks like 1/8" shanks.

I wonder if there is any non-PCB use for them. I do realize that
these
carbide drills can only be used in CNC equipment, and I have a CNC
milling machine. Trying to think of any good use cases but can't.

They work reasonably well on a milling machine with this type of
manual-feed adapter:
https://www.ebay.com/i/122443451260?chn=ps&dispItem=1

-jsw

I have a small sensitive chuck like that. I am sure that I would sell
those drills, but I wanted to keep at least a couple dozen of them,
and I am not sure which ones to pick.

You might keep the metric/sae sizes by mm/16th inch plus one smaller
and larger on each side of them, plus tap drill sizes.

-
If ever the Time should come, when vain and aspiring

Men shall possess the highest Seats in Government,

our Country will stand in Need of its experienced

Patriots to prevent its Ruin.
-- Samuel Adams